Lead Product Designer
Want to help everyday Americans invest and build wealth? Financial inequality is increasing, and too many people are getting left behind. At Stash, we are passionate about democratizing wealth creation through education, advice, and products that help customers achieve greater financial freedom.
We’re seeking a consumer focused Lead Product Designer, well versed in designing and shipping consumer mobile apps, to help shape a clear vision of the future of user experience, pursue forward-thinking design, and deliver at a high bar.
By translating strategy into action through all phases of product design / UX work: distilling research, Information Architecture, ideation, reviews, prototyping, final spec design, and implementation you will create a frictionless experience that empowers and delights our customers.
You will partner with Product and Engineering teams to develop amazing user experiences that reimagine, innovate, and redefine the financial space.
Stash is a fast-paced growth company—join us to work on hard, important problems, have fun, and make history.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop thought, craft leadership, and stand for quality.
- Champion a culture of user-centered design and craft
- Relentlessly raise the design bar ensuring customers have seamless, consistent, and delightful interactions every time they use Stash.
- Simplify complexity by breaking down tough problems and aligning on actionable solutions.
- Create positive behavior design thinking, ideas, and solutions to help customers develop healthy financial habits.
- Foster collaborative relationships with Engineering, Product, and UXR
Who You Are:
- Human-centered UX designer that drives strategic product innovation and design thinking.
- An expert communicator at every level with the ability to flex between influencing partners and inspiring team members.
- Great collaborator, team player, and mentor – you understand design is a team sport and when we win, we win together.
- Relationship builder that actively develops cross-org partnerships, fosters trust.
- Ability to balance data with customer insights to inform design decisions.
What You Bring to the Table:
- 8+ years consumer, mobile UX/UI Design.
- Track record of leading and delivering successful mobile products.
- A Portfolio that demonstrates work that ends with impact, shipping regularly as part of your iterative design process
- Experience working with designers, and executives in product management and engineering.
At Stash it is our mission to help everyday Americans invest and build wealth. That includes people of all races, genders, and abilities, so it is important to us to acknowledge and address the issues of inequality in financial services head on.
Diversity and inclusion are essential to living our values, promoting innovation, and building the best products. Our success is directly related to our employees and we believe that our team should reflect the diversity of the customers that we serve. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Stash is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds.
If you require any reasonable accommodations to make your application process more accessible please reach out to email@example.com.
Invest in Yourself:
- Equity & Stash Accounts [Invest, Retire, Custodial, Bank]
- Flexible PTO
- Learning & Development Fund
- Work from Home Space Stipends
- Parental Leave [Primary & Secondary]
- BuiltIn’s Best Places to Work (2019, 2020, 2021)
- Forbes Fintech 50 (2019, 2020, 2021)
- Best Digital Bank, Finovate Awards (2020)
- Tearsheet Challenge Awards, Best Banking Card Product – Stock-Back® Card, 2020
- LendIt Fintech Innovator of the Year (2019 & 2020)
**No recruiters, please**
This position may be performed remotely anywhere within the United States except the State of Colorado.
To apply for this job please visit grnh.se.