Chief of Staff
- This is a full-time position.
- Preferably, this will be a hybrid position. We’d like to hire someone located in the Greater Toronto Area that can come into our downtown office as needed, but you won’t need to come in every day.
- Work hours are flexible, but meetings are likely to fall within the traditional 8-5 (EST) workday.
- We will share the salary for this position during the intro call.
Hello! I’m Ben, and I’m the CEO at Synex Medical. We’re a ~20 person medical device startup that’s developing a miniaturized health monitor that can measure critical blood metabolites non-invasively. That technology is based on novel techniques we’ve developed in magnetic resonance.
We’re on track to deliver our MVP by the end of 2021, which will measure glucose and lactate non-invasively. We are gearing up for some big milestones (series A, clinical validation, MVP delivery). To help us reach these milestones, I’m looking for a Chief of Staff to serve as a force multiplier for me across the business.
Here are a couple of items I need your help with:
- Reviewing my time, priorities, and energy to ensure that I’m giving my attention to the most critical areas of the business
- Improving and maintaining the flow of information between departments, preventing siloes, and enhancing cohesion
- Identifying and addressing areas for improvement across the business
- Acting as a sounding board and advisor for me and other company executives
- Representing me in key meetings and events when I’m unable to attend
- Managing my calendar, setting up meetings, and making travel and accommodation arrangements as needed
- Formatting information for internal and external communication – emails, presentations, reports, etc
I’m open to talking with people from a wide range of backgrounds and experiences for this position, as long as there’s an underlining thread of exceptional communication, project management, and leadership skills.
These are a couple of qualities we believe you’ll need to be successful:
- Expert facilitation skills, with the ability to manage conversations, synthesize multiple points of view and align on direction
- High levels of empathy and self-awareness
- A passion for creating order, building systems, and process thinking
- The ability to see the big picture and evaluate what is “urgent” vs “important”
- Experience managing confidential or sensitive information with discretion
Please apply if you’re interested in this role. If you’d like to know more about our interview process and the benefits we offer, check out our career page. And if you have any questions, please send us an email at email@example.com.
I’m looking forward to hearing from you!
To apply for this job please visit careers.synexmedical.com.