Senior Back-End Engineer
Website The Black Tux
Tuxedos and suits, for rent and for keeps
The Black Tux is reinventing the formalwear rental industry so people can show up at their best on the days that matter most. The company designs and manufactures modern rental suits and tuxedos that actually fit—made of 100% wool, ordered online, and delivered for free. Using a combination of machine learning and industry-leading customer service, The Black Tux guarantees a perfect fit every time.
Just as we are on the cutting-edge of men’s fashion, we also strive to stay on the cutting-edge of technology and are looking to hire a Senior Software Engineer. Our biggest goals on the technology team are to deliver the best possible customer experience, building solutions that adhere to high software engineering principles, and striving to maintain a positive culture where diversity and personal growth are highly valued.
What You’ll Do
- Build and improve software systems for a growing, disruptive e-commerce company
- Design, develop and optimize scalable backend infrastructure to support the core product
- Create APIs to integrate with front end and 3rd party systems from highly distributed and independent microservices
- Serve as a key member of the backend design team through strong collaboration
- Contribute to the development of the team, our standards, and best practices
- Identify bottlenecks in our efficiency as a team (“tech debt”), propose and implement solutions
Who You Are
- 5+ years of professional software development
- Proficiency with Python (or other OO languages, such as Ruby or Java)
- Familiarity with a web framework: Django, Pyramid, Flask, etc.
- Knowledgeable of modern web technologies
- Experience building distributed services
- Strong software architecture and design skills, solid CS fundamentals, pragmatic software design and architecture patterns, and their best usage
- Excellent data modeling skills and strong experience with query optimization
- Experience with developing and deploying on containerized architectures such as ECS and Kubernetes
- Ability to clearly and concisely communicate complex technical and architectural concepts and ideas with a wide variety of stakeholders
- Strong organizational & leadership skills
- Previous work on consumer web products built from scratch
- Experience working in a fast-paced startup environment
Perks and Benefits at The Black Tux
- We pay people equally and based on market compensation data
- We provide a 401(k) plan through Betterment
- Our full-time employees receive stock options and have a stake in the company
- Our Health, dental and vision plans are competitive, and we cover 100% of employee coverage and 50% of dependents
- Open vacation time
- Monthly cell phone reimbursement
- TBT Women’s Group
- TBT Diversity and Inclusion Group
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Apple equipment or whatever you need to be productive
- Monthly employee events and trainings
- Free suit rentals
Our people are the most important asset to us. Our benefits, perks, pay and culture reflect this in every decision we make. If you want to learn more about us, check out our Culture Book.
We’re an equal opportunity employer to all. We interview and hire applicants of all backgrounds, orientations, expressions, and identities.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.