Senior Front-End Engineer
Website The Black Tux
Tuxedos and suits, for rent and for keeps
The Black Tux is reinventing the formalwear rental industry so people can show up at their best on the days that matter most. The company designs and manufactures modern rental suits and tuxedos that actually fit—made of 100% wool, ordered online, and delivered for free. Using a combination of machine learning, tailor-trained fit specialists, and industry-leading customer service, The Black Tux guarantees a perfect fit every time.
Just as we are on the modern edge of men’s fashion, we also strive to stay on the modern edge of technology and are looking to hire a Senior Front End Engineer. As a Senior Front End Engineer at The Black Tux, you will specialize in building responsive and elegant web UIs to drive delight with our end users and impact for our business.
What You’ll Do
- Work with React + Redux single page applications
- Be a leader and mentor to the other engineers on the team
- Contribute to architectural and application design
- Lead the evaluation process for new frameworks and their implementation
- Be the technical lead on large, business-critical features, and work closely with product managers and other team members to understand, articulate, and break down customer needs into technical requirements
- Focus on our end users and deliver features that excite them
- Identifies anchors that are slowing the team and their execution, and proactively work with managers and counterparts to resolve them
Who You Are
- 5+ years of professional software development
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience
- Thorough understanding of React.js and its core principles, along with popular React.js frameworks (such as Redux or Apollo)
- Experience with ES6 and Node.js
- Experience with common front-end development and build tools such as Babel, webpack, npm, Docker, etc.
- Experience with CI/CD environments and tools such as Jenkins, Codeship, CircleCI, etc.
- Collaboration with engineers, product, and design is a core part of your process
- Likes to work with fellow engineers to find the best solutions, and writes documentation on decisions made
- Conversant in algorithms, software patterns, and their best usage
You May Also Have
- Experience in one or more object oriented programming language (e.g. Python, Ruby, Java, C++)
- Experience with deploying and monitoring new applications with modern platforms, such as Kubernetes, AWS, GCP, and/or Heroku
- Experience with web performance optimization, accessibility, and SEO
- Experience with experimentation platforms and A/B testing
Benefits + Perks of Working at The Black Tux
- We pay people equally and based on market compensation data
- We provide a 401(k) plan through Betterment
- Our full-time employees receive stock options and have a stake in the company
- Our Health, dental and vision plans are competitive, and we cover 100% of employee coverage and 50% of dependents
- Open vacation time
- Monthly cell phone reimbursement
- TBT Women’s Group
- TBT Diversity and Inclusion Group
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Apple equipment or whatever you need to be productive
- Monthly employee events and trainings
- Free suit rentals
Our people are the most important asset to us. Our benefits, perks, pay and culture reflect this in every decision we make. If you want to learn more about us, check out our Culture Book.
We’re an equal opportunity employer to all. We interview and hire applicants of all backgrounds, orientations, expressions, and identities.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.