User Experience Designer
Website The Home Depot
At The Home Depot, we get UX; it is baked into our DNA. Now we are expanding our team to drive new initiatives. As a member of the UX team, you will work with other strategists, designers, and researchers to help craft end-to-end experiences and identify customer needs.
You are a designer with a desire to solve interesting and meaty customer problems. Whether it’s using design thinking techniques to drive ideation and alignment or bringing a paper prototype to your user for a quick experiment, you can identify and execute the right steps towards solving a problem. You recognize the value of well-crafted design along with the value of imagination and play in building great products within a business environment.
With passion for good interaction and visual design, you can craft end-to-end experiences to enact cutting-edge retail strategies; balancing user needs with business strategy and ultimately creating delight for your customers. You love to work hand in hand with your users to build a more effective and efficient experience for them. You might not consider yourself a researcher, but you have solid awareness of research best practices and know that research is the foundation towards good design. You can also use evaluative approaches to iteratively improve your products.
You appreciate feedback and support from fellow researchers, designers, engineers, analysts, or product managers in our cross functional environment. You enjoy collaborative effort, taking feedback and input to your UX activities as a means of improving the end result. You are as comfortable influencing business leadership as you are your product leadership and individual contributors. You are the customer and user advocate. You drive innovation by championing actionable user insights, deeply understanding our customers, enhancing product usability, and providing our team avenues to delight our customers. You communicate effectively and share a point of view that guides quality decisions.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities & Key Accountabilities:
30% – Responsible for developing and communicating industry-leading creative concepts while balancing strategic development with online business objectives.
10% – Provide quality assurance of all creative deliverables.
60% – Translate wireframes into comps, storyboards, experience prototypes.
Nature and Scope:
This position reports to Manager, User Experience
This position has 0 direct reports
For Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada and New York City residents: The pay range for this position is between $80,000 and $130,000. Starting salary may vary based on a number of factors including, but not limited to, the position being offered, location, education, training, and/or experience. The Home Depot offers additional competitive financial and non-financial benefits, which may include a performance-based bonus program or a profit sharing program depending on position
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Additional Environmental Job Requirements:
No travel required
Standard Minimum Qualifications:
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
Additional Minimum Qualifications:
Mastery of all the latest design tools, platforms, and versions of applicable software programs: Mac OS, Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and other design tools).
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor’s degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
Years of Relevant Work Experience:
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
– Demonstrated user experience design skills with expert knowledge of current design programs
– Working knowledge of experience design tools Figma, Sketch, iRise, Viso, Axure, Omnigraffel
– Understand W3C standards as well as browser-specific bugs and variations, in IE, Mozilla, Safari and Chrome
– Understanding of browser display differences across breakpoints and devices
– Demonstrated experience in designing creative and web pages for e-commerce websites
– Ability to concept, present and execute. Act as an exemplary representative of the online experience team in its dealings with internal clients and external vendors with the ability to interact comfortably with executives at highest levels of the Company.
– Provide strong client management skills with flawless follow-up.
– Provide creative solutions consistent with industry trends, demonstrating ability to problem-solve.
– Ability to translate complex information into easy-to-understand designs and visual elements.
– Proven ability working in fast paced environment with shifting priorities while managing tactical deliverables and meeting deadlines.
– Ability to maintain strong rapport with teammates, and stakeholders from multiple business groups.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
– Action Oriented
– Communicates Effectively
– Customer Focus
– Drives Results
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
To apply for this job please visit careers.homedepot.com.