Director, Product Design
Website The Infatuation & Zagat
Building the world's greatest restaurant discovery platform.
The Infatuation & Zagat have reached an exciting juncture in the development of our products, and we’re looking for a Director of Product Design to lead and grow our design team in New York. In 2021, we’re poised to launch a brand new user-powered restaurant discovery platform for Zagat while completely reimagining how we connect with our readers on The Infatuation. We are looking for an experienced design director who leads with passion, clarity, and energy.
Our design team is rooted in a tradition of strong generalists who are individually responsible for all aspects of the design process: user research, UX design, visual design, and prototyping. Our product designers assume ownership over large initiatives, contribute to our design systems practice, and work on a wide range of projects across both brands. Product Design upholds and advocates for design values while defining problems, contributing to product strategy, and producing beautiful, user-centered digital experiences.
This role reports to our Chief Product Officer. We are currently working from home and are looking for candidates in/around the NYC area, as we will ultimately return to the office in some capacity.
What You’ll Do:
- Define the Product Design practice at The Infatuation & Zagat, providing creative thought leadership to company strategy.
- Lead the product design direction of our flagship products, and iterate on our platforms to better connect our users with our business goals.
- Manage and mentor a multidisciplinary team of designers through a variety of projects and pursuits.
- Grow the team: recruit and hire a team of contributing designers, manage hiring practices and procedures.
- Contribute to product roadmaps with cross-functional collaborators.
- Work closely with the product and engineering teams to plan and develop all of our digital products.
- Partner with the brand, editorial, and revenue teams to ensure strong and consistent brand expressions across product experiences.
- Set the bar for design quality and output, advocate for design values, facilitate and manage design process and practices.
Who You Are:
- You have 7+ years of translating strategy into consumer-facing digital products.
- You have a strong portfolio of work showing your ability to lead sophisticated, large scale projects.
- You have experience shipping features for both responsive web and native mobile applications.
- You have experience working closely with cross-functional leaders in product and engineering.
- You have excellent communication, facilitation, and interpersonal skills.
- You have experience mentoring designers and fostering a design culture.
- You have experience managing a team, including things like 1:1s, reviews, hiring, and onboarding.
- You’re excited by and want to contribute to our mission.
To apply for this job email your details to Pleaseemailyourresumetokatie@theinfatuation.com