Website The Infatuation & Zagat
Building the world's greatest restaurant discovery platform.
We’re looking for an Engineering Manager to join our growing team of both in-house and external engineers. This role is perfect for senior engineers who are looking to shift into management, or early-on managers who are excited by our company and the products we are building.
The Infatuation is in a state of rapid growth and while supporting the strong editorial-focused platform that the company was built upon, we need to evolve our products to better serve our users as we scale. We recently acquired Zagat and are re-conceptualizing the product into a crowd-sourced platform that maintains the legacy of the brand while keeping modern technology in mind. We’re in the unique and exciting position of re-defining what trustworthy crowd-sourced restaurant intel looks like. And we’re looking for an Engineering Manager to help us build both of these products.
As Engineering Manager, your day-to-day will focus on leading our talented team of external engineers, located in the Dominican Republic and Belarus. You’ll spend most of your time coaching in 1:1s, code reviewing, mentoring, and optimizing output by understanding the strengths and areas of development of the team you manage. While there may be opportunity for you to code, we want to be honest that the management and mentorship of others will take priority. You should be passionate about coding but willing to delegate it to others.
What You’ll Do:
- Manage a team of external engineers across multiple time zones
- Optimize the team’s output based on various inputs (ie bandwidth, technical skill)
- Coach and problem solve on a day-to-day basis
- Grow the technical expertise of your team around quality, scalability, and performance
- Collaborate with technical lead and your direct manager on technical decisions and ensure they are properly executed
- Set direction for the team, anticipating strategic and scaling-related challenges
- Maintain a high quality code base and participate in code reviews
- Have an understanding of the big picture architecture and technology we use
Who You Are:
- You are a skilled full-stack software engineer (at least 3-4 years in production), ideally leaning frontend
- You have at least 1 year of engineering management experience – leading, coaching, and mentoring both individuals and teams
- You have large-scale web or mobile experience in an agile development environment
- You are empathetic, curious, and pragmatic
- You are constantly learning and re-evaluating previous assumptions
To apply for this job email your details to Pleaseemailyourresumetokatie@theinfatuation.com