Senior Product Designer
Noun Project is building a global visual language that unites us
Noun Project (thenounproject.com) is looking for a full-time Senior Product Designer to join our team.
As the Senior Product Designer, you will lead the design of Noun Project’s website, Mac app, plug-in suite, and internal tools. You will be responsible for gaining understanding and user empathy through user research, wireframing and prototyping, designing and specifying the UI, testing and iterating on new and existing features, and overseeing the design system.
The right candidate is a lifelong learner, someone who thrives in a collaborative environment, prefers working in small teams, is a great communicator, is disciplined, practical, and process-oriented, is imaginative and whimsical in their work, prefers the simple over the complicated, and has an excellent eye for design.
We’re based in Los Angeles, CA, but our team is fully remote and distributed. Visa sponsorship is not available at this time; all candidates must be authorized to work in the U.S..
We believe broad perspectives are fundamental to serving our international community, and that diverse experiences are the key to innovation, collaboration, and awareness of the globalized context we live in. We strongly encourage people from backgrounds currently underrepresented in tech to apply, and look forward to welcoming the best candidates to our team regardless of their national origin, gender, ethnicity, religion, or sexual orientation.
- 5+ years of experience as a UX designer or digital product designer
- Passion for designing UI and continuously improving design systems
- Attention to detail, which results in clean and delightful interactions
- Passion for designing a product that is highly usable, accessible and inclusive
- Collaborative and flexible with front-end engineers
- Some experience in branding design
- Comfortable with your UX toolbox
- Contribute to defining and continuously improving our design process
- Participate in user research to help define problems and opportunities
- Conduct competitive reviews
- Conceptualize new features that support user needs and accessibility, and are in line with the company’s business objectives
- Wireframe, prototype, and work collaboratively with the entire product and engineering team to create amazing experiences within business and technical constraints
- Design and polish the UI experience to delight millions of users
- Work closely with front-end engineers to design and maintain a reusable component library
- Participate in project retrospectives
- Collaborate with Marketing as needed
- Iterate on features and interfaces as needed
Bonus Skills or Things You May Learn On the Job
- Front-end development skills (HTML, CSS, JS).
- Fortune 500 benefits including great health, dental, vision and 401K plans.
- Competitive Salary.
- Healthy work-life balance.
- Remote work.
- Creative, geographically distributed, & dog-friendly work environment.
- Paid family and pregnancy leave.
- We’re small. We all share our ideas. We all collaborate.
To apply for this job please visit apply.workable.com.