TravelJoy is the market network for the leisure travel industry.
TravelJoy is the market network for the leisure travel industry. Our mission is to bring the joy back into travel planning. We’ve built a product that thousands of travel agents absolutely love and depend on every day. You can check out our product here: traveljoy.com.
Why join us?
We’re an interesting collection of colleagues, united by our mutual love of travel. We’re a team of eight, seven of whom have a background in software engineering. The founders worked at LiveRamp together ($310MM exit). Virtually all of our growth has been organic and referral based (85%!) which goes to show how much our clients love us, and the inherent value of what we’re building.
While the pandemic was incredibly hard on travel in 2020, we managed to stay lean, and grew our revenue and customers from Dec 2019. We’re poised for extremely strong growth as travel comes back in 2021.
You’re the ideal fit if you:
- are humble
- communicate clearly and proactively
- get things done
- are relentlessly resourceful
- balance elegance and expediency
- give and take constructive feedback well
- care about what you’re building
- have 5 references who will tell us examples of the above
You are comfortable:
- operating at all levels of the stack
- shipping features from conception to launch
- creating user interfaces that non-technical people can use
- optimizing databases and have a good understanding of web app security
- working directly with customers, including 1-2 hrs of weekend support every ~2 months
- working remotely, attending daily video standups, and having 4 hours workday overlap with 9a – 5p PT
- traveling quarterly for team meetups (when it’s safe to do so)
- Engineering team and processes
Our eng team operates on 2-week cycles. At the end of each cycle we have a hackday (work on whatever you want related to TJ) or joyday (clean up whatever you want related to TJ). We use PRs on GitHub to do code reviews. We use continuous integration and push to production multiple times a day.
- We’re looking for generalists who are excited to operate at all levels of the stack. You’ll build products from the ground up, make architecture decisions, and receive feedback from customers to see the direct impact you’re driving.
Projects you might work on
- Taking our next core product feature from inception to launch.
Building integrations with supplier APIs across the entire travel ecosystem (flights, hotels, vacation rentals, cars, train, etc.) and combining massive data sets across different systems.
Deciding on the appropriate architecture for us to build new performant features, including search, activity feeds, notifications, and more.
- Competitive Salary
- Salary: $125k – $175k, Equity: 0.25% – 1.0%
- Health insurance
- We provide full medical, dental, and vision coverage.
- 401(k) matching
- We offer 401(k) matching up to 4% of compensation.
- Flexible hours
- We ask for 4-hour overlap with 9a – 5p PT.
- Work from home
- We’ve been remote-first since before pandemic times. Our team members have worked from California, Hawaii, Illinois, Missouri, New York, and Ohio.
- Generous vacation
- TravelJoy has a minimum 3-week vacation policy.
- Monthly stipend
- Use toward anything that you feel will make you a more effective member of the team. Ex: a co-working membership, your favorite meditation app, blazing fast internet, gym membership, books, etc.
- Company retreats
- Although we work remotely, we get together quarterly (when it is safe to do so). Previous locations have been SF, Tahoe, Mexico City, Puerto Vallarta.
- Team activities
- While we’re not traveling, we’ve started virtual bi-weekly happy hours (which occasionally turn into ticket to ride game nights). We’ve also done empanada cooking classes and cocktail making classes. What should we do next?
- Charitable contribution matching
- We match employee donations to non-profit 501©(3) organizations, up to $500 per year.
- Sacred maker hours
- 70% of your time dedicated to building.
- Monthly hackdays
- Work on whatever you’re interested in that’s related to the company.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org