Joymaker- Customer Succes Specialist
TravelJoy is the market network for the leisure travel industry.
TravelJoy (traveljoy.com) is bringing the joy back into travel planning, starting with modern tools to help the 100k+ travel agents in the U.S. grow their business and manage their network of clients and suppliers.
Thousands of travel agents depend on TravelJoy to run their business today, whether it’s planning unique travel experiences for their clients, securely collecting payments, or keeping their day-to-day tasks organized. Our members absolutely love our product — virtually all of our growth has been organic and referral-based (85%!).
We’re excited to double the size of our support team by adding a second Joymaker to help our members grow with us.
What you’ll do day-to-day:
- Participate in all areas of customer onboarding, adoption, delight, retention, and growth
- Enhance our self-service and self-guided learning tools and grow our user community
- Identify at-risk users and develop reactivation programs
- Investigate, track, and resolve user concerns, identify trends, and implement solutions
- Identify users’ unmet needs and pain points, prioritize which ones to raise internally
- Manage product and content marketing, community outreach, and social media
You’re the ideal fit if you:
- have a customer-centric mentality, strong customer service background, and care deeply about the support experience
- have a diligent work ethic, high ownership level, strong critical thinking skills, and exceptional problem-solving prowess
- are insanely organized, relentlessly resourceful, and productive
- have strong project management skills and the ability to multitask
- are humble and empathetic
- communicate clearly, concisely, and proactively
- can anticipate the needs of users
- give and take constructive feedback well
- are a team player who also has the ability to work independently with little supervision
- can communicate respectfully and professionally at all times (even when customers are not so respectful/professional)
- have 5 references who will tell us examples of the above
You are comfortable:
- helping users via email, phone, and video support
- creating training and onboarding documentation for users
- hosting live training and support webinars
- organizing and managing user communities
- managing lifecycles to keep users engaged and excited about the platform
- interfacing directly with product and engineering on a very small team
- working remotely, attending daily video standups, and having 4 hours workday overlap with 9a – 5p PT
- traveling quarterly for team meetups
If you don’t meet every requirement for this role, please apply anyway! We’re looking to build a diverse team of well-rounded individuals because we know it will make us stronger, and we’d love to hear from you.
Include the following in your response to be considered:
- One company that you think has amazing customer service and why
- Your favorite customer service story (from the company above or another company)
- A book or podcast that captures your philosophy on customer service
- Competitive Salary
- Salary: $40k – $60k • 0.05% – 0.2%
- Health insurance
- We provide full medical, dental, and vision coverage.
- 401(k) matching
- We offer 401(k) matching up to 4% of compensation.
- We ask for 4-hour overlap with 9a – 5p PT.
- Work from home
- We’ve been remote-first since before pandemic times. Our team members work from all US timezones.
- Generous vacation
- TravelJoy has a minimum 3-week vacation policy.
- Monthly stipend
- Use toward anything that you feel will make you a more effective member of the team. Ex: a coworking membership, your favorite meditation app, blazing fast internet, gym membership, books, etc.
- Company retreats
- Although we work remotely, we get together quarterly (when it is safe to do so). Previous locations have been SF, Tahoe, Mexico City, Puerto Vallarta.
- Team activities
- While we’re not traveling, we’ve started virtual bi-weekly happy hours (which occasionally turn into ticket to ride game nights). We’ve also done empanada cooking classes and cocktail making classes. What should we do next?
- Charitable contribution matching
- We match employee donations to non-profit 501©(3) organizations, up to $500 per year.
- Sacred maker hours
- 70% of your time dedicated to building.
- Monthly hackdays
- Work on whatever you’re interested in that’s related to the company.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org