Senior Software Engineer
Website True Link Financial
We are a fast-growing, mission-driven fintech company that provides quality financial services for people whose needs go unmet by traditional institutions. It is an honor to wake up in the morning knowing that we have a profound impact on our customers’ lives, whether it’s our True Link Prepaid Visa Card saving a retiree from losing thousands of dollars to scams or our True Link investment advisory platform helping a young woman with a disability plan for her future while protecting her medical benefits.
In this role, you’ll use your software development skills to make this thoughtful fintech work happen! You’ll spend most of your time shipping features to support our trusts and investment operations businesses.
Our engineering team carefully balances the needs of speedily pushing out new features while supporting an ever-growing portfolio of existing features. We take pride in lending our technical skills toward a social good mission we care about. If this sounds like your kind of environment, please apply.
What You’ll Do
- Independently and reliably deliver code in our Rails/React environment
- Support and be supported by your teammates
- Be known for your boring, no-surprises software delivery
- Quickly learn the team’s business domain (Trusts and Investment Operations)
- Apply new patterns set by technical leads around testing, accessibility, security, and maintainability
- Incrementally address technical debt without losing focus on feature delivery
Who You Are
- Experienced webapp developer familiar with Rails
- Proactive problem solver who enjoys deeply understanding business needs
- Equally comfortable working independently or closely with (remote-first) teammates
- Experience with a modern frontend framework (React, Angular, or Vue)
- Experience in high-compliance environments (ex: PCI, ISO 27001, HIPAA, SOX)
- Enjoy working cross-functionally in a remote-first, Agile environment
- Curious about the needs of your users, teammates, and organization
- Skilled at delivering and receiving feedback with teammates
- Truly care about diversity and inclusion in the workplace
- Comfortable collaborating with product owners to better understand business needs
- Comfortable existing in and seeking direction in an environment of ambiguity and change
Bonus nice to have:
- Experience in fintech
- Experience with fiduciary or advisory services
- Experience with learning customer needs in B2B environments
- Experienced teacher or mentor
- Experience with React, ES6, yarn, webpack
- Works from Central Time
Why You’ll Love Us
- We’ve got the energy and passion of a startup combined with the professionalism of a financial services firm and the compassion of a mission-driven organization that truly cares about the people we serve.
- We’re just getting started! With fifty million Americans in our addressable market, we are growing quickly into a large financial services company that will be developing new products you will help us shape and take to market.
- We offer competitive wages, Health, Dental & Vision coverage, and an awesome vacation package.
- Our customers are not only grateful for our services but are the absolute best. We have the privilege of providing financial protection for vulnerable members of society and partnering with expert service providers to do so. Our customers and partners love us, and we love them back. You can sleep soundly every night knowing you are doing a really wonderful thing by getting our services into more hands.
- We treat one another like we treat our customers: with 100% respect and dignity. Diversity and inclusion are cultural values we take very seriously, and we welcome team members of all backgrounds and identities.
- Our offices (in SF, Denver, NYC, and Kingston, NY) are dog friendly and filled with snacks, catered lunch, and a group of friendly, caring people. Most of the engineering team is remote across the US, which means for now we get to enjoy appearances of furry friends over Zoom from all our colleagues.
If you are a high-performing person who wants to join a diverse, inclusive team and use your skills to make a real impact in people’s lives, we invite you to apply to join our team.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.