About Underground Cellar:
Underground Cellar is a Y Combinator and VC-backed startup based in San Francisco that is currently experiencing hyper-growth. We’ve ‘gamified’ wine sales through our addictive e-commerce platform that gives buyers a great value through “upgrades”, allowing wineries to quickly sell wine without resorting to brand-damaging discounts. Underground Cellar has become the most exciting way to buy wine in the world, with over 1,000,000 bottles sold to thousands of customers through the platform.
We’re looking for someone to jump right in and join a highly-effective and talented team of people who are solving challenging problems and learning from one another. We value talent and dedication just as much as we encourage creativity and passion. Join our team!
What you will do and the impact you’ll have:
As a Mobile Engineer, you will be a key player in taking Underground Cellar’s product to a whole new level. Our ‘gamified’ e-commerce platform merges the worlds of physical and digital, leveraging e-commerce, game theory, and gamification to completely transform how customers discover, buy, and store the best wines in the world. Customers are OBSESSED with our platform, leading to 10x growth in the past 18 months at a $25M run rate, and we’re on track to 10x again in the next 18-24 months!
In this role, you’ll work closely with the engineering, product, data, and design teams to make sure our our app experience is state of the art, has feature parity with our website and that we continue to ship exceptional and performant features. You will report to our Head of Engineering and work cross-functionally with other company leaders to ensure you have significant input in bringing our product vision to life.
The ideal candidate has an eye for details and strive for impeccable user experiences. You get excited about complicated challenges and are able to break them down in digestible pieces that are maintainable, scaleable and serves our customers great joy. You are motivated by ownership, want to work with a small and rapidly-growing team that shares similar values.
- Design, develop, test, and maintain customer-facing mobile applications using React Native
- Stay up-to-date and aware of mobile technology trends
- Work closely with backend engineers to design APIs that enhance the user experience
- Work with the product and design team on creating new user experiences and features
- Create and monitor analytics to prove how effective new and existing features are to helping customers
- Lead our React Native mobile app development and ensure we are following best practices for both iOS and Android
- Bachelors of Science in Computer Science, or equivalent
- 5+ years of experience in software engineering
- Previous experience working on an app published on the App- and/or Play store written in React Native
- Bonus points for experience in native iOS or Android app development
- You are resourceful, a self-starter and you’re able to make things happen, against all odds
- You have strong interpersonal skills and excel working with different groups of people, especially non-technical team members
- You are passionate about delivering outstanding experiences for our customers, and team
- You are an ambitious top performer, you persevere through intense obstacles
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.