Senior UX/UI Designer
About Underground Cellar:
Underground Cellar is a Y Combinator and VC-backed startup based in San Francisco that is currently experiencing hyper-growth. We’ve ‘gamified’ wine sales through our addictive e-commerce platform that gives buyers a great value through “upgrades”, allowing wineries to quickly sell wine without resorting to brand-damaging discounts. Underground Cellar has become the most exciting way to buy wine in the world, with over 1,000,000 bottles sold to thousands of customers through the platform.
We’re looking for someone to jump right in and join a highly-effective and talented team of people who are solving challenging problems and learning from one another. We value talent and dedication just as much as we encourage creativity and passion. Join our team!
What you will do and the impact you’ll have:
As our Senior UX/UI Designer, you will be responsible for taking Underground Cellar’s product, design, and brand to a whole new level. Our ‘gamified’ e-commerce platform merges the worlds of physical and digital, leveraging e-commerce, game theory, and gamification to completely transform how customers discover, buy, and store the best wines in the world. Customers are OBSESSED with our platform, leading to 10x growth in the past 18 months at a $25M run rate, and we’re on track to 10x again in the next 18-24 months!
In this role, you’ll work alongside the product, data, and engineering teams to ensure our product, website, and apps are beautifully designed and expertly executed. You will report to our VP of Product and work cross-functionally with other company leaders to ensure you have significant input in bringing our design and product vision to life.
The ideal candidate has nurtured early ideas in the past and turned them into tangible applications. You get excited about complicated challenges that intersect with two-sided marketplaces and love talking to customers. You are motivated by ownership, want to work with a small and rapidly-growing team that shares similar values. Above all else, you are committed to developing thoughtful, meaningful experiences that better the lives of all who use our platform.
- Create user interaction design systems, UX flow wireframes, and user interface designs for Underground Cellars web and mobile initiatives
- Work closely with Engineering and Product to quickly iterate and design consumer-facing features on both web and mobile
- Actively participate in our product roadmap development
- Present your design solutions to internal stakeholders, evangelize and defend your design decisions, and incorporate feedback into the design cycle
- Actively incorporate feedback, technical constraints, and usability findings into design and work closely with customer feedback and internal stakeholders to gather the information
- Identify and track success metrics and ensure that design solutions are measurable
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent practical work experience in UX design
- 5+ or years of relevant work experience
- Experience with consumer-facing products and bonus points for prior e-commerce experience
- Experience taking a design end-to-end; from creative inception to production asset completion
- Extensive experience with Figma, Sketch, inVision, or similar design tools
- Mastery of typography, information hierarchy, color, and other UI concerns
- Strong understanding of web standards, browser and mobile capabilities, and UX best practices
- You are resourceful, a self-starter, and you’re able to make things happen under pressure
- You have strong interpersonal skills and excel when working with different groups of people
- You are passionate about delivering outstanding experiences for our customers and team
- You are an ambitious top performer and persevere through intense obstacles
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.