Social Media Manager
About Underground Cellar:
Underground Cellar is a Y Combinator and VC-backed startup based in San Francisco that is currently experiencing hyper-growth. We’ve ‘gamified’ wine sales through our addictive e-commerce platform that gives buyers a great value through “upgrades”, allowing wineries to quickly sell wine without resorting to brand-damaging discounts. Underground Cellar has become the most exciting way to buy wine in the world, with over 1,000,000 bottles sold to thousands of customers through the platform.
We’re looking for someone to jump right in and join a highly-effective and talented team of people who are solving challenging problems and learning from one another. We value talent and dedication just as much as we encourage creativity and passion. Join our team!
What you will do and the impact you will have:
The Social Media Manager at Underground Cellar will take control of our entire social media presence on day one – which already reaches millions of fanatic wine lovers every month. Our blue checkmark verified Facebook page is known online for crafting original wine content that evokes emotion and action – creating laughs, educating our fans, running fun games, and driving traffic to our site to convert and retain our loyal wine-buying customers. You will not just be taking over what’s already working — but also be empowered to reimagine how we utilize social media in a way that elevates our social presence to a whole new level.
In this role you will set the short, medium, and long term strategy for Underground Cellar’s social media success, and will personally execute it with the help of fellow employees in Marketing and other multidisciplinary roles. The Social Media Manager understands that every post matters – posts not only affect how customers interpret the account, but they also influence how customers internalize Underground Cellar itself. Our ideal candidate knows how to write, both in terms of grammar and spelling, but also in emotionally-compelling ways to connect with the customer through social media. The ideal candidate will use data to help inform strategy, have a creative eye, and be able to collaborate cross-departmentally to serve various brand and content strategy objectives.
- Own and execute a comprehensive social media strategy.
- Manage a small team of 1-2 Community Coordinators to assist you in monitoring and engaging with social media comments and direct messages on all platforms & work with the customer support team to escalate issues when necessary.
- Provide superior content management to all social media platforms, creating original high-quality content yourself or with the help of our in-house creative team.
- Report on success and performance; develop and implement a strategic approach to measuring social media and content performance.
- Learn and evolve as you learn from the data and results.
- Grow our social following, while increasing engagement, to acquire and reinvigorate customers.
- Engage with our members and social followers to convey our unique value proposition, and to ensure they have a positive experience with Underground Cellar.
- Engage with users anywhere online where Underground Cellar is being discussed, whether it’s on our own Facebook or Instagram pages, or other Facebook groups or platforms such as Reddit, Quora, and TikTok.
- Actively investigate and suggest new ways to improve engagement on all social media platforms, including emerging social media outlets.
- Create and post original content to our social media channels (we have over 90,000 fans on Facebook and already reach millions of people each month!)
- Support ongoing campaigns and product launches by driving traffic to the website.
Generate insights for monthly and quarterly reporting.
Experience & Skill-set:
You are a social media maven. You have every social network on your phone, laptop, wrist, and even TV. However, you don’t just know how to post, you know how to command attention. While not every one of your tweets or posts has gone viral, you have crafted strategies for major brands and companies in the past that have succeeded in every way. You are adept at developing a social content strategy, complete with scheduling content weeks and months out, developing compelling copy and imagery, setting and achieving sales goals, and reporting performance up to the VP of Marketing (and the CEO). You have worked in social media for years (potentially a decade or more), and are excited to hit the ground running on day one.
- 5+ years of previous social media or digital marketing experience.
- Degree in a related field, such as Marketing, Communications, Journalism, Advertising, or Design.
- Proficient in Google Workspace and Adobe Suite (i.e. Photoshop, Premiere, etc.)
- Strong familiarity with all popular social platforms.
- Must have experience managing social media channels, such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube and Pinterest, and working knowledge of other key platforms such as Snapchat, LinkedIn, & Tiktok.
- Demonstrated success in growing a social following; will be asked to provide links to past content management.
- Excellent copywriting and editing skills, with the ability to engage audiences.
- An experienced manager who has led a team, directed content creation, and implemented social campaignsInterest in the wine industry.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.