Senior Software Engineer, Full-Stack – Data Platform
Website Visa, Inc.
The leader in digital payments
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payment technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 20,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
- As a Full Stack Engineer, provide Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) offerings, that are easy to consume, scalable, secure, and reliable using open source-based Cloud solutions for Big Data technologies
- Work at the intersection of infrastructure and software engineering by designing and deploying data and pipeline management frameworks built on top of open-source components, including Hadoop, Hive, Spark, HBase, Kafka streaming and other Open Source Big Data technologies.
- Collaborate with various teams to build and maintain the most innovative, reliable, secure, and cost-effective distributed solutions.
- Facilitate knowledge transfer to the Engineering and Operations team during and after deployment.
- Work with geographically distributed teams on technical challenges and process improvements.
- Responsible for the design and implementation of agile-innovative data pipeline and workflow management solutions that take advantage of technology advances that allow cost reduction, standardization, and commoditization.
- Drive the adoption of open standard toolsets to reduce complexity and support operational goals for increasing automation across the enterprise.
- Champion the adoption of open infrastructure solutions that are fit for purpose while keeping technology relevant.
- 6 years of work experience in architecture design and development of large-scale data management platforms and data application with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 3 years of work experience with a Masters in Computer Science or related field.
- Hands on coding and designing skills in:
- React/Angular for front-end
- MVC (model-view-controller) for end-to-end development
- SQL/NoSQL technology. Familiar with Databases like Oracle, DB2, SQL Server, etc.
- Web Services (REST/ SOAP/gRPC)
- Expertise in design and management of complex data structures and data processes
- Expertise in efficiently leveraging the power of distributed big data systems, including but not limited to Hadoop Hive, Spark, Kafka streaming, and etc.
- Hands on experience in cloud computing technologies.
- Technical background in data with deep understanding of issues in multiple areas such as data acquisition, ingestion and processing, data management, distributed processing, and high availability is required.
- Contributor/committer in one of the Bigdata technologies – Spark, Hive, Kafka, Kubernetes, Presto, Yarn, Hadoop/HDFS is a plus
- Experience with Apache Spark and Apache Hive for processing large data sets is a plus
- Ability to drive for results and be self-motivated, have a learning mindset, with good understanding of related advanced/new technology. Keep up with the technology development in the related areas in the industry, which could be leveraged to enhance current architectures and build durable new ones.
- Payment industry experience is a plus.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
Working Hours Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
To apply for this job please visit smrtr.io.