Staff Software Engineer, Front End – Data Platform
Website Visa, Inc.
The leader in digital payments
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes thousands of transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
- Provide Platform-as-a-Service offerings that are easy to consume, scalable, secure, and reliable using open source-based Cloud solutions for Big Data technologies
- Collaborate with various teams to build and maintain the most innovative, reliable, secure, and cost-effective distributed solutions.
- Facilitate knowledge transfer to the Engineering and Operations team during and after deployment.
- Work with geographically distributed teams on technical challenges and process improvements.
- Drive the adoption of open standard toolsets to reduce complexity and support operational goals for increasing automation across the enterprise.
- 6 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 3 years of work experience with a Masters in Computer Science or related field
- Experience building drag-and-drop interfaces for building web-based tools from the ground up is a plus.
- Payment industry experience is a plus.
Work Hours: This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours.
Travel Requirements: This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 5% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
To apply for this job please visit smrtr.io.