Staff UX Designer
Visa is heavily investing in its Global Product Design Team to help support its growing digital product line. Visa Global Product Design is comprised of five specializations: Design, Research & Accessibility, Design Engineering, Design Operations and Content Creation & Design Strategy. Design is looking for a Staff UX Designer to join our team.
We believe that great design has the ability to engage and inspire users, and we strive to rethink and redefine how users interact with Visa’s applications and products. Our team members are innovative thinkers and strategic problem solvers who are as analytical as they are creative. We value hard work, accountability and collaboration, and we prize proven skills and team success over personal gain.
In this role, you will model excellent UX principles and mentor junior staff. The Staff UX Designer is an experienced individual contributor responsible for designing usable, accessible and engaging user experiences for Visa’s digital product line. Although we prefer candidates be located in one of our Design Research hubs—Austin, San Francisco or New York City—we are open to the possibility of a remote work arrangement should it suit all parties.
As a Staff UX Designer, you will:
· Design usable, accessible and engaging digital experiences for the web and mobile
· Own and make design decisions based on a thorough understanding of contemporary user-centered design principles
· Collaborate with business partners and build upon their vision using sound UX principles
· Mentor and provide guidance to junior staff
· Responsible for the strategic oversight of product lines
· Be an advocate for our users
· Capture requirements, design flows, wireframes, testable prototypes and fully fleshed out designs
· Document your designs and consult with engineers to ensure they are built and function as intended
· Effectively demonstrate strong problem-solving skills, customer service and interpersonal skills
· Minimum of 4 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree, or at least 2 years of work experience with a Masters Degree (or other advanced degree)
· Minimum of 7-10 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree, at least 6 years of work experience with a Masters Degree (or other advanced degree) or 3 years of experience with a PhD
· Bachelor’s Degree in Human Factors, Design, Psychology, Sociology or related field
Proficiency designing and developing prototypes using Balsamiq, Invision or other industry tools
· Proficiency designing high-fidelity mockups using Figma, Sketch or other industry tools
· Subject Matter Expertise in interaction design
· Experience conducting usability tests (including with users with disabilities) a plus
· Experience working with SCRUM in an Agile environment a plus
· Subject Matter Expertise in Accessibility (508/WCAG) a plus
· Group facilitation and teaching (design thinking) skills a plus
· Strong verbal and written communication skills, including thorough and methodical attention to detail
To apply for this job please visit smrtr.io.