Software Engineer – Product Development
Volley develops voice-controlled games and entertainment apps for Amazon Alexa and Google Home. Our voice apps are world-class and attract millions of users every month. We’re a 35-person team based in San Francisco.
We’ve created several of the top experiences for voice-controlled devices, including:
– Song Quiz – a name-that-tune music trivia game
– Are You Smarter Than A 5th Grader? – a quiz game to test your elementary-level knowledge
– Magic Word – a brand new GIF game created in partnership with Google
We believe voice control will be the main way people access entertainment in their bedrooms, kitchens, living rooms, and cars, and our goal is to build a destination for interactive audio entertainment, as Netflix did for television.
Volley is seeking enthusiastic engineers to build voice-controlled experiences, and the supporting infrastructure that powers them. This person will be deeply involved in ongoing discussions regarding the adoption & creation of new technologies at Volley. The products you build will be deployed to a wide variety of devices, including smart speakers, smart TVs, and smartphones.
At Volley you will:
◦ Work on products that reach millions of active users
◦ Take advantage of our powerful engine to build and iterate quickly… focusing on writing logic, not boilerplate
◦ Create well-designed APIs that are consumed by all sorts of platforms
◦ Work on best-in-class voice-controlled products that are social, engaging, and fun to play
Things you may have done before:
◦ Built consumer-facing apps or games at scale
◦ Architected, implemented, and documented multiplatform APIs
◦ Managed Automation & Deployment
◦ Contributed to open source frameworks
◦ Operated in environments with fast development-cycles focused on rapid product iteration
◦ Been part of a high performing engineering team
◦ 2+ years professional coding experience
◦ Experience with modern NodeJS and/or Typescript or other strongly typed languages
◦ Strong verbal and written communication skills
Our software stack:
◦ Volley’s own custom-built engine, designed by a rocket scientist 🙂
◦ Typescript, Node, & Next.js
◦ Kotlin Multiplatform
◦ Kubernetes & Terraform
At Volley, we recognize the importance of work-life balance. We are currently working remotely, but come September will be implementing a hybrid work-from-home and in-office schedule. We also offer 30 days of paid vacation and strongly encourage its use.
Volley believes in an inclusive workplace and is committed to building a team from a variety of backgrounds. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive the other benefits and privileges of employment.
We’re a small but quickly growing team that truly enjoys working together. We love coming together over Zoom happy hours, the funny and strange in Slack #random, and come September, occasional karaoke sessions in our brand new Hayes Valley office. If this sounds like fun (we promise it is), get in touch!
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.