Sr. DevOps Engineer, Rise
VTS is the modern platform for CRE revenue teams
VTS is changing the way that commercial real estate (CRE) is done—disrupting a $15 trillion industry by becoming the modern operating system for CRE. We invented the category of leasing and asset management, which allows landlords and brokers to take their entire leasing process online to maximize revenue and performance. Last year, we launched the fastest adopted new product in proptech, VTS Market. Rise Buildings by VTS is leading an entirely new category of software – tenant experience. We also recently launched VTS Data, already getting front-page references in the Wall Street Journal and quoted by Reuters, The Real Deal, Commercial Observer, and many more. Our success shows in our numbers—we hit “Unicorn” status in 2019 and today we have over 12 billion square feet of commercial space managed on VTS on 80,000 buildings in 34 countries, and we’ve expanded to over 400 employees globally. It’s an exciting time to join the VTS team as we continue to grow rapidly and break records.
Our headquarters are in NYC, but we have major hubs in other cities including Chicago, IL, Toronto, CA, London, UK, San Francisco, CA, and Austin, TX.
Learn more at vts.com, risebuildings.com, or follow us on Instagram (@WeAreVTS), Twitter (@WeAreVTS), or LinkedIn.
How does this Position help VTS Succeed?
We are seeking a talented Senior DevOps Engineer. This position is a critical role for smooth operation of our production systems. The DevOps Engineer will report directly to the VP, Engineering.
The Sr. DevOPs Engineer will take part in creating a scalable and high performant infrastructure for the forecasted 10X growth expected in the remainder of 2021.
What Makes This Job Awesome?
- Deploy, monitor and scale application services
- Build a resilient and scalable service infrastructure to accommodate regions
- Proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability
- Optimize CI/CD process and streamline automation effort for server provisioning and deployment
- Collaborate with software engineering teams on project deliverables – including helping build and maintain development/testing/lab environments
- Support test automation and development strategy to optimize service performance and ensure product quality
- Monitor and manage service quality – initial troubleshooting, identification of root cause and issue resolution
- Participate in application performance testing – monitoring for potential bottlenecks and other application issues (CPU, Memory, etc.); identify potential solutions, and work with developers/testers to implement those fixes
- Write and maintain custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on tasks
- Contribute to and maintain systems standards/best practices
What Makes You a Great Fit?
- You take ownership of DevOps and treat it like a critical infrastructure for the success of the company
- You are proactive and look for opportunities to improve the infrastructure for better serving your customers
- You are a team player and coach developers and support personnel on the right tools to use for optimum performance of the organization
- Coordinate with security team to secure application services
- Participate in a containerization strategy for application services
- 5+ years of experience building and maintaining AWS infrastructure (VPC, EC2, Security Groups, IAM, ECS, CodeBuild, CodeDeploy, CodePipeline, CloudFront, S3)
- Not required but it will be a plus if you have AWS Certifications
- Have experience in automation and testing via scripting & programming (PowerShell, Python, Ruby etc.)
- Plus if there is also experience w/containerization tools (like for example Kubernetes)
What VTS Values & How We Show It:
- Strive for Excellence – We know your potential is unlimited. Take advantage of our executive coaches and our training and career development programs available to all employees!
- Be Customer Obsessed – We’re employee obsessed too! VTS offers competitive compensation, comprehensive health benefits (including dental and vision), pre-tax commuter benefits, and a 401(k) plan. Not to mention the fun stuff – monthly happy hours, wellness events, clubs, and team lunches!
- Be Curious – Benefit from a culture that promotes new learning. VTS offers an education stipend to all employees!
- Move as One – We work in an open floor plan to promote cross-functional collaboration.
- Take Ownership – Be an owner of the company you’re building with our equity packages.
- Appreciate the Difference – VTS embraces and celebrates diversity. We understand the importance of a strong work-life balance. We offer a flexible PTO policy, generous family leave program, and more!
VTS embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.