Lead Solutions Consultant
VTS is the modern platform for CRE revenue teams
VTS is commercial real estate’s leading leasing, marketing and asset management platform where deals happen and real-time data comes to life. The VTS Platform captures the largest first-party data source in the industry, which delivers real-time insights that fuel faster, more informed decision making and connections throughout the deal and asset lifecycle. VTS Data, the industry’s only forward-looking market dataset, and VTS Market and Marketplace, the industry’s first integrated online marketing solution, give landlords, brokers, and tenants unparalleled visibility into real-time market information and the direct connectivity to execute deals with greater speed and intelligence at every point in the planning, marketing, leasing, and asset management cycle.
More than 60% of Class A commercial space in the US and 12B square feet of commercial real estate globally is managed on the VTS platform. Our user base includes over 45,000 CRE professionals including respected industry leaders like Blackstone, Brookfield Properties, LaSalle Investment Management, Hines, Boston Properties, Oxford Properties, JLL, and CBRE.
We recently made the Forbes Cloud 100 list of the hottest private cloud companies, and were named one of Crain’s best places to work! Our headquarters are in NYC, but we have hubs in other major US cities, Toronto, CA, and London, UK.
Learn more at vts.com or follow us on Instagram (@WeAreVTS), Twitter (@WeAreVTS), or LinkedIn.
Are you wondering about how VTS has adapted to a WFH environment? Read our blog post here to find out!
How does this Position help VTS Succeed?
The Lead Solutions Consultant serves as a senior individual contributor within the Solutions Consulting (SC) team, partnering with sales to support opportunities with VTS’ global and enterprise prospects and customers as a commercial real estate subject-matter and technology expert. In addition to standard SC duties, such as conducting discovery, leading demos and overseeing proofs-of-concept, Lead SCs take ownership of team initiatives and special projects designed to help the entire Solutions Consulting team operate more efficiently and deliver better results, including developing scalable tools, processes and systems. They play a critical role in partnering with Customer Success, Product, Marketing and Sales to define use cases, solutions, and business outcomes to help move the company away from “feature/function” selling to solution selling. As a leader on the team, this role is expected to serve as a coach and mentor to more junior members and assist with onboarding new hires.
Lead SCs are credible experts in all areas of commercial real estate; that expertise is paired with a level of business acumen that allows them to earn trusted advisor status with executive customers in VTS’ top-tier global accounts. They move fluently between business conversations with executives and technical demonstrations with individual contributors, all while telling a cohesive story that links VTS’ technology to positive business outcomes. Rather than focusing on only the near-term technical win, Lead SCs build multi-year strategic partnerships with customers, including program planning, product roadmap and vision presentations and building tailored solutions all while minimizing the demand for custom development and setting the account up for future expansion.
What Makes This Job Awesome?
- Deliver Success through a Solutions Driven Approach
- Take ownership of developing the vocabulary of solution selling at VTS by working cross-functionally to develop a common set of use cases, business outcomes, metrics and personas
- Strive for excellence in the execution of solution selling in top enterprise and global accounts to increase win rate, grow opportunities and close deals faster
- Be customer obsessed by building the right solution for the right customer to foster long-term relationships and future growth opportunities
- Be a key team player and leader, helping everyone move as one by building strong relationships with sales and establishing Solutions as a business partner
- Pioneer and develop a “value engineering” ROI-based approach to sales to tie outcomes to measurable results
- Business Problem Solving and Technical Excellence
- Lead SCs drive the discovery process. Through thorough engagement with VTS clients and prospects, the Lead SC will take ambiguous and complex business problems, define them through research and collaboration with key stakeholders, and summarize the needs and goals in a business case that delivers cohesive solutions
- Understands client workflows and is highly effective at aligning VTS capabilities to the challenges, needs and goals of customer organizations
- Manage the VTS Solutions demo environment to ensure highest value product demos
- Engages confidently in discussions with technical and non-technical personas, including forming deployment plans and implementation strategies
- Understands the core technology foundation (architecture, database, security, etc.) for VTS products and can quickly analyze the tech stacks of our clients and prospects
- Brings expertise and builds client’s confidence in the selection of VTS solutions by detailing the VTS on-boarding and integration process
- Maintain internal point of view and positioning on competitive solutions, products and services
What Makes You a Great Fit?
- Bachelor’s degree
- 7+ years of full-time work experience in commercial real estate
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, especially an ability to communicate technical/product value to a business audience
- Proven ability to deliver compelling and engaging presentations to key decision makers and executives
- Ability to quickly adapt in client meetings to position the product based on value drivers
- Strong problem-solving skills that enable you to identify, deliver, and create the best client solutions
- Experience with CRE ERP / Accounting Systems a plus
- Database / SQL / Systems Integration and deployment experience a plus
- An intrinsic curiosity and desire to always learn more
- Considerable knowledge and experience working with top-tier, global commercial real estate clients
- Understands the dynamics of the CRE industry including the implication of different company types (CPs, LPs, REITs, Fund Managers, Developers, etc.)
- Adapts conversation and effectively tailors message based on company type and individual persona
- Relates to the specifics of a client situation by connecting the learnings from discovery to the capabilities of VTS
- Effectively navigates discussions relative to the CRE industry and company specific workflows
- Position VTS capabilities within the CRE industry technical ecosystem (Yardi, MRI, Argus, Salesforce, etc.)
- Understand the detailed financial calculations that drive commercial real estate decisions
- Able to discuss VTS’ financial modeling capabilities confidently and convincingly in customer interactions
- Knows the key financial measures of success for each CRE company type and persona
- Understands calculations such as NER and NPV as they relate to potential leases and that lease’s impact on building-level cash flows
What VTS Values & How We Show It:
- Strive for Excellence – We know your potential is unlimited. Take advantage of our executive coaches and our training and career development programs available to all employees!
- Be Customer Obsessed – We’re employee obsessed too! VTS offers competitive compensation, comprehensive health benefits (including dental and vision), pre-tax commuter benefits, and a 401(k) plan. Not to mention the fun stuff – monthly happy hours, wellness events, clubs, and team lunches!
- Be Curious – Benefit from a culture that promotes new learning. VTS offers an education stipend to all employees!
- Move as One – We work in an open floor plan to promote cross-functional collaboration.
- Take Ownership – Be an owner of the company you’re building with our equity packages.
- Appreciate the Difference – VTS embraces and celebrates diversity. We understand the importance of a strong work-life balance. We offer a flexible PTO policy, generous family leave program, and more!
VTS embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.