Lead Platform Designer – Platform UX
VTS is the modern platform for CRE revenue teams
VTS is changing the way that commercial real estate (CRE) is done—disrupting a $15 trillion industry by becoming the modern operating system for CRE. We invented the category of leasing and asset management, which allows landlords and brokers to take their entire leasing process online to maximize revenue and performance. Last year, we launched the fastest adopted new product in proptech, VTS Market. Rise Buildings by VTS is leading an entirely new category of software – tenant experience. We also recently launched VTS Data, already getting front-page references in the Wall Street Journal and quoted by Reuters, The Real Deal, Commercial Observer, and many more. Our success shows in our numbers—we hit “Unicorn” status in 2019 and today we have over 12 billion square feet of commercial space managed on VTS on 80,000 buildings in 34 countries, and we’ve expanded to over 400 employees globally. It’s an exciting time to join the VTS team as we continue to grow rapidly and break records.
Our headquarters are in NYC, but we have major hubs in other cities including Chicago, IL, Toronto, CA, and London, UK.
Learn more at vts.com, risebuildings.com, or follow us on Instagram (@WeAreVTS), Twitter (@WeAreVTS), or LinkedIn.
Are you wondering about how VTS has adapted to a WFH environment? Read our blog post here to find out
How Does This Position Help VTS Succeed?
The Lead Platform Designer role at VTS comes with a high degree of responsibility, ownership, and acclaim.
As a combined IC/Manager, you will a) work in a cross-functional team of Product Management, Engineering, and Data Science to conduct research, prototype solutions, and deliver bold customer experiences across our platform, and b) and manage 1 other Designer to scale our design system and its operations.
Designing for our Global Experience squad and overseeing the Application Evolution squad, you will be expected to execute platform-level initiatives that encompass all of our products, including data, email and services, to deliver a cohesive platform experience that satisfies all user types and permissions. You must be quick to learn the CRE domain, collaborate well in cross-functional settings, and communicate inspirationally.
What Makes This Job Awesome?
- Quickly ramp on the substantial CRE domain.
- Partner closely with your Product Manager, Tech Lead, and Engineers to discover and solve complex problems, within a culture of teamwork, partnership and respect.
- Design platforms that enable our products to work seamlessly together, accounting for larger application structure and context across all users and permissions.
- Lead the design and application of ambitious platform-wide patterns and views that greatly reduce redundancy and debt, improve the user experience, and closely align to customer outcomes and workflows.
- Promote research methodologies and lead qualitative and quantitative exercises that provide you with deep empathy for all of our customers’ motivations, goals, and larger systems in which they operate.
- Facilitate design workshops and mentor other Designers to produce bold ideas and feedback.
- Proactively pitch ideas, and exhibit substantive written and verbal communication skills, contributing design process and strategies to the platform, your product, and the Design team.
- Contribute to organization-level strategies and objectives, and operationalize them.
- Be a Design leader, with IC/Manager opportunities to coach Designers.
What Makes You A Great Fit?
- Have a degree in Design, Human-Computer Interaction, Research or a related field.
- Have 10+ years’ experience as a Lead Product Designer working to unify multiple products at an enterprise software company, with bonus points for prior (Commercial) Real Estate experience.
- Have prior design system specialization, with bonus points for leveraging one design system over multiple products.
- Have prior IC/Manager or management experience, or a want to do so.
- Have a strong portfolio showcasing your best work and demonstrating process, usability principles, and research methodologies in data visualization and interaction design.
- Have clear and concise written and verbal communication skills, and ability to rationalize design decisions with Design and non-Design stakeholders alike.
- Are a leader and a team player, with a strong desire to work collaboratively with a growing organization of fellow Designers, Product Managers, Engineers, and Data Scientists.
What VTS Values & How We Show It:
- Strive for Excellence – We know your potential is unlimited. Take advantage of our executive coaches and our training and career development programs available to all employees!
- Be Customer Obsessed – We’re employee obsessed too! VTS offers competitive compensation, comprehensive health benefits (including dental and vision), pre-tax commuter benefits, and a 401(k) plan. Not to mention the fun stuff – monthly happy hours, wellness events, clubs, and team lunches!
- Be Curious – Benefit from a culture that promotes new learning. VTS offers an education stipend to all employees!
- Move as One – We work in an open floor plan to promote cross-functional collaboration.
Take Ownership – Be an owner of the company you’re building with our equity packages.
- Appreciate the Difference – VTS embraces and celebrates diversity. We understand the importance of a strong work-life balance. We offer a flexible PTO policy, generous family leave program, and more!
VTS embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.