Senior Product Designer, Design Systems
VTS is the modern platform for CRE revenue teams
VTS is changing the way that commercial real estate (CRE) is done—disrupting a $15 trillion industry by becoming the modern operating system for CRE. We invented the category of leasing and asset management, which allows landlords and brokers to take their entire leasing process online to maximize revenue and performance. Last year, we launched the fastest adopted new product in proptech, VTS Market. Rise Buildings by VTS is leading an entirely new category of software – tenant experience. We also recently launched VTS Data, already getting front-page references in the Wall Street Journal and quoted by Reuters, The Real Deal, Commercial Observer, and many more. Our success shows in our numbers—we hit “Unicorn” status in 2019 and today we have over 12 billion square feet of commercial space managed on VTS on 80,000 buildings in 34 countries, and we’ve expanded to over 400 employees globally. It’s an exciting time to join the VTS team as we continue to grow rapidly and break records.
Our headquarters are in NYC, but we have major hubs in other cities including Chicago, IL, Toronto, CA, and London, UK.
Learn more at vts.com, risebuildings.com, or follow us on Instagram (@WeAreVTS), Twitter (@WeAreVTS), or LinkedIn.
Are you wondering about how VTS has adapted to a WFH environment? Read our blog post here to find out
How Does This Position Help VTS Succeed?
The Senior Design Systems role at VTS comes with a high degree of responsibility, ownership, and acclaim.
You will work in a cross-functional team of Product Management, Engineering, and QA to conduct research, prototype solutions, and deliver highly-attuned customer experiences.
Designing for our Design System squad and collaborating closely with our Lead Platform Designer, you will be expected to execute design system initiatives that encompass all of our products, including data, email and services, to deliver a cohesive platform experience that satisfies all user types and permissions. You must be quick to learn the CRE domain, collaborate well in cross-functional settings, and communicate articulately.
What Makes This Job Awesome?
- Quickly ramp on the substantial CRE domain, with a particular focus on design systems to serve our multi-product platform
- Partner closely with your Product Manager, Tech Lead, and Engineers to discover and solve complex problems, within a culture of teamwork, partnership and respect
- Make high-impact improvements to patterns and views throughout our design system, increasing product coherence through consolidation, simplification, and usability improvements
- Lead cross-functional research exercises and organize analytics to identify our customers’ jobs to be done, and the most promising areas for execution and optimization to our design systems
- Lead customer discovery and validation sessions with our customers, and perform outreach and facilitation
- Proactively pitch ideas, and exhibit clear and concise written and verbal communication skills, contributing design systems process and strategies to your product and the Design team
- Intimately understand our company strategies and objectives, and actively validate your work against them
What Makes You A Great Fit?
- Have a degree in Design, Human-Computer Interaction, Research, or a related field
- Have 5+ years’ experience as a Product Designer specializing in design systems in web and mobile applications at an enterprise software company
- Have a strong portfolio showcasing your best work and demonstrating process, usability principles, and research methodologies
- Have clear and concise written and verbal communication skills, and ability to rationalize design decisions with Design and non-Design stakeholders alike
- Are a team player, with a strong desire to work collaboratively with a growing organization of fellow Designers, Product Managers, and Engineers
What VTS Values & How We Show It:
- Strive for Excellence – We know your potential is unlimited. Take advantage of our executive coaches and our training and career development programs available to all employees!
- Be Customer Obsessed – We’re employee obsessed too! VTS offers competitive compensation, comprehensive health benefits (including dental and vision), pre-tax commuter benefits, and a 401(k) plan. Not to mention the fun stuff – monthly happy hours, wellness events, clubs, and team lunches!
- Be Curious – Benefit from a culture that promotes new learning. VTS offers an education stipend to all employees!
- Move as One – We work in an open floor plan to promote cross-functional collaboration.
- Take Ownership – Be an owner of the company you’re building with our equity packages.
- Appreciate the Difference – VTS embraces and celebrates diversity. We understand the importance of a strong work-life balance. We offer a flexible PTO policy, generous family leave program, and more!
VTS embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.