Senior Engineering Manager, VTS Market
VTS is the modern platform for CRE revenue teams
VTS is changing the way that commercial real estate (CRE) is done—disrupting a $15 trillion industry by becoming the modern operating system for CRE. We invented the category of leasing and asset management, which allows landlords and brokers to take their entire leasing process online to maximize revenue and performance. Last year, we launched the fastest adopted new product in proptech, VTS Market. Rise Buildings by VTS is leading an entirely new category of software – tenant experience. We also recently launched VTS Data, already getting front-page references in the Wall Street Journal and quoted by Reuters, The Real Deal, Commercial Observer, and many more. Our success shows in our numbers—we hit “Unicorn” status in 2019 and today we have over 12 billion square feet of commercial space managed on VTS on 80,000 buildings in 34 countries, and we’ve expanded to over 400 employees globally. It’s an exciting time to join the VTS team as we continue to grow rapidly and break records.
Our headquarters are in NYC, but we have major hubs in other cities including Chicago, IL, Toronto, CA, London, UK, San Francisco, CA, and Austin, TX.
Learn more at vts.com, risebuildings.com, or follow us on Instagram (@WeAreVTS), Twitter (@WeAreVTS), or LinkedIn.
How does this Position help VTS Succeed?
We’re looking for a Senior Engineering Manager to own the engineering for the VTS Market Retail product experience. This is a unique opportunity to join the first end-to-end marketplace for leasing commercial real estate — empowering all players (tenant, landlords, brokers) of this ecosystem. This is a greenfield customer-facing business and technology stack. You’ll be leading a motivated, results-oriented team through the next phase of our business while driving efficient engineering processes and coaching team members.
What Makes This Job Awesome?
- Own delivery of a complex, challenging, and high-visibility product roadmap.
- Drive a customer-first focus with a passion for building and growing empowered product teams to develop products for an international client base
- Reinforce a DevOps culture (“you shipped it, you own it”) across VTS engineering with investment in tools and processes relating to alerting, instrumentation, observability, SLA attainment, etc.
- Manage EMs and senior engineers who are exploring management; they would manage a subset of your team.
- Engage and inspire the team by clearly communicating our key objectives, and effectively engaging their collective expertise
- Working closely with your product manager counterpart and business stakeholders to develop roadmaps
- Develop and track metrics for product success and operational excellence
- Foster a healthy and collaborative culture that reflects our company and engineering values, and attracts and retains a diverse team.
- Recruit, coach and mentor team members, creating a structured environment and feedback loop that supports career development and high engagement
What Makes You a Great Fit?
- 5+ years management experience with one or more engineering teams
- You have a strong technical background with experience building, shipping and maintaining web applications and services
- You can contribute to technical strategy and decisions and understand technical tradeoffs and risks, and help prioritize work against product and business needs
- You have a strong track record leading teams, building and fostering collaborative cultures that deliver complex, high quality products
- You provide clear, consistent leadership, management and mentoring for direct reports and the broader technology organization
- You have experience managing managers, including supporting first-time managers
- You have excellent communication, coaching, mentoring, and teaching skills.
- You have experience recruiting and promoting emerging talent
- You have excellent communication skills, and can create alignment with product, sales, marketing, and customer support in a startup environment where changes are frequent
About Our Team:
- The VTS Product-Engineering-Design-QA organization is about ~100 people
- We work in small, cross-functional teams that include product managers, product designers, engineers and QA
- We value continuous learning in our everyday work
- We deploy daily and rely heavily on automated testing, and CI, and feature flags
- We use agile development and lean startup principles and practices to deliver products
- Our stack: React, PHP, MySQL, Java, Postgres, AWS, Swift, Android
- Learn more about us on our engineering blog
What VTS Values & How We Show It:
- Strive for Excellence – We know your potential is unlimited. Take advantage of our executive coaches and our training and career development programs available to all employees!
- Be Customer Obsessed – We’re employee obsessed too! VTS offers competitive compensation, comprehensive health benefits (including dental and vision), pre-tax commuter benefits, and a 401(k) plan. Not to mention the fun stuff – monthly happy hours, wellness events, clubs, and team lunches!
- Be Curious – Benefit from a culture that promotes new learning. VTS offers an education stipend to all employees!
- Move as One – We work in an open floor plan to promote cross-functional collaboration.
- Take Ownership – Be an owner of the company you’re building with our equity packages.
- Appreciate the Difference – VTS embraces and celebrates diversity. We understand the importance of a strong work-life balance. We offer a flexible PTO policy, generous family leave program, and more!
VTS embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.