Senior Software Engineer, VTS Rise
VTS is the modern platform for CRE revenue teams
VTS is changing the way that commercial real estate (CRE) is done—disrupting a $15 trillion industry by becoming the modern operating system for CRE. We invented the category of leasing and asset management, which allows landlords and brokers to take their entire leasing process online to maximize revenue and performance. Last year, we launched the fastest adopted new product in proptech, VTS Market. Rise Buildings by VTS is leading an entirely new category of software – tenant experience. We also recently launched VTS Data, already getting front-page references in the Wall Street Journal and quoted by Reuters, The Real Deal, Commercial Observer, and many more. Our success shows in our numbers—we hit “Unicorn” status in 2019 and today we have over 12 billion square feet of commercial space managed on VTS on 80,000 buildings in 34 countries, and we’ve expanded to over 400 employees globally. It’s an exciting time to join the VTS team as we continue to grow rapidly and break records.
Our headquarters are in NYC, but we have major hubs in other cities including Chicago, IL, Toronto, CA, London, UK, San Francisco, CA, and Austin, TX.
Learn more at vts.com, risebuildings.com, or follow us on Instagram (@WeAreVTS), Twitter (@WeAreVTS), or LinkedIn.
About Rise Buildings:
Rise Buildings is a technology company focused on providing an all-in-one solution for the real estate industry. Based in Chicago, we have grown quickly to become a leader in the proptech space, delivering best-in-class property operations and occupant experience to the biggest owners and operators in commercial and residential real estate. Our product offering includes software paired with enabling hardware deployed internationally across North America and Europe.
Rise aims to put seamless automation into residential and commercial properties, transforming traditionally low-tech spaces into modern, tech-enabled environments. We currently have an extensive feature set that’s continually expanding and deepening, and our platform is leveraged by an entire building’s population, including occupants, management, and staff. Our goal is to reinvent the way people interact with their built environment while unlocking real estate as a distribution channel.
How does this Position help VTS & Rise Buildings Succeed?
We are seeking a talented Senior Backend Engineer. This position will play a critical role in the continued development of the VTS Rise Portal. The Sr. Backend Engineer will report directly to the Director of Engineering.
The Sr. Backend Engineer will take part in creating a highly scalable and performant application stack to accommodate the forecasted 10X growth expected in the remainder of 2021.
What Makes This Job Awesome?
- Architect, develop and deploy robust, scalable and highly responsive solutions
- Contribute to and maintain systems standards/best practices
- Oversee the code review process, performing reviews when necessaryWork with DevOps to implement tooling and process improvements where required
- Mentor junior member of the team
What Makes You a Great Fit?
- Solid CS fundamentals with experience across a range of disciplines, with more than one area of deep knowledge and experience
- 5+ years experience developing enterprise ready applications, including API’s, microservice architecture, event driven communications, etc.
- Working knowledge of Bitbucket, Git, Jira, CI/CDAbility to work in a highly collaborative environment
- Experience in architecting solutions to problems in a thoughtful way – limiting the number of technologies, ability to justify decisions and can articulate tradeoffs well
- Practitioner of agile software process and software design (experience with Scrum, Kanban)
- Experience in collaborating with other engineers towards a common goal, leveraging code reviews, architecture design reviews
- Strongly values unit testing and implements good automated testing practices
- Experience in working closely with product managers and designers – strong customer empathy and desire to deliver a high-quality user experience
What VTS Values & How We Show It:
- Strive for Excellence – We know your potential is unlimited. Take advantage of our executive coaches and our training and career development programs available to all employees!
- Be Customer Obsessed – We’re employee obsessed too! VTS offers competitive compensation, comprehensive health benefits (including dental and vision), pre-tax commuter benefits, and a 401(k) plan. Not to mention the fun stuff – monthly happy hours, wellness events, clubs, and team lunches!
- Be Curious – Benefit from a culture that promotes new learning. VTS offers an education stipend to all employees!
- Move as One – We work in an open floor plan to promote cross-functional collaboration.
- Take Ownership – Be an owner of the company you’re building with our equity packages.
- Appreciate the Difference – VTS embraces and celebrates diversity. We understand the importance of a strong work-life balance. We offer a flexible PTO policy, generous family leave program, and more!
VTS embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.