Lead Product Designer-Retail Marketplace
VTS is the modern platform for CRE revenue teams
VTS is changing the way that commercial real estate (CRE) is done—disrupting a $15 trillion industry by becoming the modern operating system for CRE. We invented the category of leasing and asset management, which allows landlords and brokers to take their entire leasing process online to maximize revenue and performance. Last year, we launched the fastest adopted new product in proptech, VTS Market. Rise Buildings by VTS is leading an entirely new category of software – tenant experience. We also recently launched VTS Data, already getting front-page references in the Wall Street Journal and quoted by Reuters, The Real Deal, Commercial Observer, and many more. Our success shows in our numbers—we hit “Unicorn” status in 2019 and today we have over 12 billion square feet of commercial space managed on VTS on 80,000 buildings in 34 countries, and we’ve expanded to over 400 employees globally. It’s an exciting time to join the VTS team as we continue to grow rapidly and break records.
Our headquarters are in NYC, but we have major hubs in other cities including Chicago, IL, Toronto, CA, and London, UK.
Learn more at vts.com, risebuildings.com, or follow us on Instagram (@WeAreVTS), Twitter (@WeAreVTS), or LinkedIn.
Are you wondering about how VTS has adapted to a WFH environment? Read our blog post here to find out
How Does This Position Help VTS Succeed?
The Lead Product Designer role at VTS comes with a high degree of responsibility, ownership, and acclaim. You will work in a cross-functional team of product management and engineering to conduct discovery, prototype solutions, and deliver highly-attuned customer experiences.
Designing for our end-to-end marketplace for commercial retail leasing, VTS Retail Marketplace, alongside our core product, VTS, you will be expected to tackle workflow, communication, and data visualization tools across web and mobile platforms.
Design Leaders must be quick to learn the CRE domain, collaborate well in cross-functional settings, and communicate inspirationally. There are future opportunities to manage others in our ever-growing Design team.
What Makes This Job Awesome
- Design products that work seamlessly together within our platform, accounting for larger application structure, hierarchy and context, across all users and permissions.
- Employ research methodologies and exercises to build deep empathy for our customer motivations, goals, jobs to be done, and the larger systems in which they operate.
- Proactively pitch ideas, and exhibit strong written and verbal communication skills, contributing design process and strategies to your squad and the Design team.
- Lead the design and application of ambitious patterns that greatly reduce redundancy and debt, factor high-impact aesthetic, and improve the user experience by closely aligning it to customer outcomes.
- Be a leader on your squad and within the Design team, with Player/Coach opportunities to manage 1-2 Designers.
What Makes You A Great Fit?
- Have a degree in Design (Product, Interactive, Digital, etc.), or a related field.
- Have prior experience as a Senior or Lead Product Designer in web and mobile applications, with bonus points for enterprise software.
- Have a strong portfolio showcasing your best work and demonstrating process, usability principles, and research methodologies.
- Have clear and concise written and verbal communication skills, and ability to rationalize design decisions with Design and non-Design stakeholders alike.
- Are a team player, with a strong desire to lead a growing Product team of fellow Designers, Product Managers, and Engineers.
- Have prior Player/Coach or Management experience, or a want to do so.
What VTS Values & How We Show It:
- Strive for Excellence – We know your potential is unlimited. Take advantage of our executive coaches and our training and career development programs available to all employees!
- Be Customer Obsessed – We’re employee obsessed too! VTS offers competitive compensation, comprehensive health benefits (including dental and vision), pre-tax commuter benefits, and a 401(k) plan. Not to mention the fun stuff – monthly happy hours, wellness events, clubs, and team lunches!
- Be Curious – Benefit from a culture that promotes new learning. VTS offers an education stipend to all employees!
- Move as One – We work in an open floor plan to promote cross-functional collaboration.
- Take Ownership – Be an owner of the company you’re building with our equity packages.
- Appreciate the Difference – VTS embraces and celebrates diversity. We understand the importance of a strong work-life balance. We offer a flexible PTO policy, generous family leave program, and more!
VTS is proud to operate an equal opportunity workplace. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals and are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of gender identity or expression, race, ethnic origin, creed, place of origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.