Engineering Manager, Game
We’re on a mission to make more people, more active, more often
Seniority Level: Mid-Senior
Location: Long Beach, CA or US Remote (in select states)
About the role and about you:
As Engineering Manager of our Game Tools team, you’ll be responsible for managing a team of engineers to deliver critically important tools, systems, and processes used company-wide by our engineering, creative, and design teams. You are accountable for your team’s code quality, predictable and efficient delivery, and driving engineering best-practices like automated testing, maintainability, extensibility, resiliency, and scalability. You’ll also look for opportunities for your teams to incubate ideas, create experiments and prototypes, and share recommendations with the broader engineering organization. You will be data-driven, and establish clear and representative metrics by which we can measure the performance and health of our products.
You are responsible for growing and developing your team, both through diverse hiring, as well as coaching and mentoring the individuals on your team to improve their professional and technical abilities.
What you’ll do:
- Build a strong engineering team through diverse hiring, coaching, and mentoring, while retaining and supporting our top talent.
- Build realistic and efficient agile project plans, align across partner teams, proactively identify risks, and develop mitigation strategies.
- Define and drive key performance metrics and communicate progress to a broad set of team members across multiple fields.
- Work directly with engineers, product managers, and program managers to scope, plan, and deliver projects.
- Identify, define, and drive key investments in company-wide processes (i.e. quality, testing, engineering best practices, etc.).
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or similar field.
- 10+ years of relevant engineering experience.
- 3+ years of relevant management experience.
- Experience with game development and managing game development teams.
- Confirmed experience leading teams using agile methodologies like Scrum and Kanban.
- Experience leading remote and distributed teams.
- Excellent communication skills with both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Effective at hiring, coaching, and leading diverse engineering teams.
- Foundational knowledge in Computer Science, Data Structures, Algorithms, and software design.
- Experience with Git or similar distributed version control systems.
- Experience with Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) and Test-Driven Development.
- Experience in video gaming or health & fitness industries
- Experience working with external partners.
- Experience working with Game Engines (e.g. Unity, Unreal, Custom).
- Passion for cycling, running and/or fitness.
- Experienced Zwifter.
To apply for this job please visit www.zwift.com.