Senior Software Engineer, Backend
We’re on a mission to make more people, more active, more often
Seniority Level: Mid-Senior
Location: Long Beach, CA. or US Remote (in select states) & Brazil Remote
About the role and about You:
Our mission at Zwift is to make more people more active more often. As a Backend Engineer on our Growth Team, you will be enhancing services, applications and tools that are crucial to this mission. You are an agent of positive change and will be working with a cross-functional team, creating world-class features and experiences that enable us to build strong customer relationships and deliver customer-centric solutions.
Your work will traverse our Java-based, cross-platform stack and will delve into payments, subscription, shop and profile experiences. Your immediate team will include other engineers, product, design and UX. You will also collaborate across disciplines and integrate new features and applications within our game systems and services.
We are looking for someone who can build strong relationships with peers and stakeholders, manage ambiguity and thrive in this highly collaborative, dynamic environment.
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate with your team and stakeholders to design, plan and execute features vital to our company roadmap.
- Advocate for quality; ensure features and improvements are secure, well-tested, resilient, performant and highly available.
- Learn, coach, and mentor within your team and across teams to improve and elevate yourself and others.
- Support and champion security protocols, observability and automation; actively engage process and efficiency improvements.
- Leverage AWS tools and infrastructure and scale our architecture in an efficient, secure and cost effective way.
- Represent Zwift and its values in public communication around specific projects and community contributions.
What we’re looking for:
- BS in Computer Science or Relevant Technical Area, or 5+ years of experience as a backend Engineer
- Strong foundation in Computer Science, Data Structures, Algorithms, and overall Software Design
- Professional experience developing distributed applications and services
- Java Proficiency
- Fluency in English, written and verbal; sufficient to effectively collaborate on a distributed, cross-functional team (interviews will be conducted in English)
- Strong knowledge of observability tools, including metrics, structured logging and distributed tracing
- Solid understanding of RESTful API design and microservice architectures
- Knowledge of container and orchestration technologies, such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Some Knowledge of message brokers and tools
- Solid understanding of Relational & Non-Relational Databases
- Availability to travel
- Enthusiasm for cycling
- Experience Java frameworks like Spring, Quarkus
- Familiarity with front-end languages and frameworks
- Experience with agile development methodologies like Scrum or Kanban
- Experience building eCommerce, payments, and/or customer support portals
- Experience with AWS products and services
- Experience with JBoss/Wiildfly or Spring Boot
To apply for this job please visit www.zwift.com.